Today is the day. CSS Grid Layout is now available in a production browser as it lands in Firefox.
On my blog at rachelandrew.co.uk I wrote a little bit about the journey that took me from hearing about grid almost five years ago, to today.
I have also written a whole set of guides to grid layout, published on MDN. The list is as follows:
- Basics concepts of grid layout
- Relationship to other layout methods
- Line-based placement
- Grid template areas
- Layout using named grid lines
- Auto-placement in grid layout
- Box alignment in grid layout
- Grids, logical values and writing modes
- CSS Grid Layout and Accessibility
- CSS Grid Layout and Progressive Enhancement
- Realizing common layouts using grids